01/8Burn belly fat: How to lose belly fat in just 7 days!
Living in the times of coronavirus has certainly changed the way we lead our lives. Since staying inside our homes is the new normal (at least for now), it is important to adapt and make changes to stay healthy and keep our immune system, up and running. With a sharp rise in positive cases with every passing day, staying mentally and physically fit is no longer an option, but a necessity.
Physical activity holds the key to an improved mood and well-being and reduces stress and anxiety. Since going to gym and workout studios are out of the question right now, we are listing down the most effective ways to battle the dreaded belly fat from the comfort of your home.
Remember, in addition to doing the below-mentioned exercises daily, it is also crucial to follow the dietary tips.
02/8The boat pose
1. Lie down flat on your yoga mat and keep your legs straight.
2. Slowly raise your legs off the floor to make a right angle.
3 Keeps your arms straight and your fingers outstretched towards your legs.
4. Feel the engagement in your core and breathe comfortably.
5. Hold the pose for a few seconds.
6. Do at least 5 sets of the boat pose and with at least 3 to 4 reps.
1. Lie on your back and bend your knees.
2. Bring your hands behind your head for support.
3. Take a deep breath and contract your abs.
4. Curl and move your torso forward towards the knees.
5. Hold for a second and then go back slowly.
6. Do at least 20 repetitions in 3 sets.
1. Start in a traditional plank pose and keep your wrists directly under your shoulders and the weight on your toes.
2. Keep your arms straight and shoulder-width apart.
3. Your back should be arched to keep the core crunched.
4. Draw your belly button in towards your spine to keep your core engaged.
5. Bring your right knee forward towards your chest and then return to your plank position.
6. Now bring your left knee forward towards your chest and bring it back.
7. Continue switching to alternate legs and slowly pick up the pace.
8. Continue running in this position for at least 30 seconds to one minute.
05/8Lying leg raises
1. Lie on your back on a mat and keep your legs straight.
2 Your palms should be flat on the floor and your thumbs should be under the hips.
3. Keep your legs straight and slowly raise your feet of the floor.
4. Feel the sensation in your core.
5. Now, slowly lift your legs all the way up to form a 90-degree angle.
6. Slowly lower your legs.
7. Do not let your legs touch the ground and raise them back up.
8 Do at least 3 sets of lying leg-raises with at least 15 reps.
1. Begin by keeping your forearms and toes on the floor.
2. Keep your hands directly under your shoulders like you are about to do a push-up.
3. Make sure your body forms a straight line from your head to your feet.
4. Make it a point to consciously contract your abdominal muscles.
5.Hold the position for about 10 seconds if you are a beginner and gradually build your time up by holding THE plank for as long as possible.
07/8Strictly avoid sugar
If you are on a quest to get rid of bulging belly, we suggest steering clear of sugar and sugar-laden products, including soda and fresh juices. Eliminating all the sugary products from your diet with help in kick starting your journey towards a toned tummy. If you really need a fix for your sweet tooth, we suggest sticking to fresh fruits, dates or even maple syrup.
08/8Salt isn’t any good either
When you intake a lot of salt, it causes your body to retain water and may actually override the feeling fullness. As a result, you not only eat more but you also feel bloated. Similarly processed food items, tinned and packaged products aren’t doing your body and bulging tummy any good either. Hence, reach out to more fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains.
SOURCE : timesofindia.indiatimes